Save The Date For This Year’s
‘Lights On!’ In Downtown Bryan!
Information courtesy of | Destination Bryan
Destination Bryan will kick off the holiday season with its annual Lights On! ceremony on Friday, November 17 starting at 6:00 PM presented by West Webb Allbritton and Gentry. We invite the community to help us switch on the thousands of lights in Downtown Bryan including Christmas trees which anchor both the north and south ends. Join us at Gloria Sale Park for the opening ceremony.
“Lights On! is one of our most anticipated events of the year.” said Amanda Kile, Tourism Events Coordinator at Destination Bryan. “Transforming Downtown Bryan into a magical holiday backdrop brings so much joy to our community and we are excited to see everyone.”
Lights On! has become one of the most anticipated holiday events in the Brazos Valley and new activities have been added for the 2023 celebration. This free, family friendly event will include the following:
- Catch the opening ceremony at Gloria Sale Park.
- Official lighting countdown at 6:30 PM.
- Join in by lighting your free light-up candy cane!
- Holiday music by the SFA Middle School Orchestra and Choir.
- Performances by the Salvation Army Band and Ballet Brazos.
- Free Christmas train rides at the Papa Perez parking lot.
- Holiday themed photo booth stations with free professional photography by FigMint Photography. Photo booth stations will be located in the La Salle Courtyard and in front of Sparrow Lane.
- Hot chocolate provided by the Salvation Army and cookies provided by The Woman’s Club.
- Catch a free showing of The Grinch at the Queen Theatre. Show times are at 6:45 and 8:45PM.
- Send letters to Santa by dropping them in the mailboxes at Carnegie History Center Plaza, The Children’s Museum of the Brazos Valley, and the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History.
- Downtown Bryan restaurants and stores will be open late!