Blinn Music Dept. End Fall Semester With 6 Concerts,
Including Festive ‘Sounds Of The Season’
Information courtesy of Blinn College
Ensembles, wind symphony, choirs, and Symphonic Band will perform
The Blinn College District Music Department will present six concerts ranging from a vocal student recitals to Blinn College Band ensemble concerts as the fall semester draws to a close.
- Woodwind Ensemble Concert, Wednesday, Nov. 30, at 7 p.m. in Finke Recital Hall in the Brenham Campus Schmidt Building, 800 College Avenue;
- Brass Ensemble Concert, Monday, Dec. 5, at 7 p.m. in the Brenham Campus’s Dr. W.W. O’Donnell Performing Arts Center;
- Jazz Ensemble Concert, Tuesday, Dec. 6, at 7 p.m. at the O’Donnell Center;
- Symphonic Band Concert, Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 7 p.m. in the O’Donnell Center;
- Percussion Ensemble Concert, Thursday, Dec. 8, at 7 p.m. in the O’Donnell Center.
- and the Wind Symphony and choirs, “Sounds of the Season,” a musical tribute to the holiday season, at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16, in the Festival Institute Concert Hall in Round Top.
Tickets to “Sounds of the Season” are $10. They are available at www.blinn.edu/boxoffice and for digital purchase at the door.
Band Director Dr. Sarah Burke said the upcoming band concerts will feature a wide range of music.
“We invite the public to see our very talented musicians as they perform their final concerts of the semester,” Burke said.
The Woodwind Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Percussion Ensemble concerts are free and open to the public. They will also be livestreamed on the Blinn College Music YouTube Channel.
The Blinn College District Music Department offers small classes, one-on-one attention, practical learning, and easily accessible faculty so that students are actively engaged in a superior learning environment. For more information, visit www.blinn.edu/music.
About the Blinn College District With innovative programs and award-winning co-enrollment partnerships, Blinn’s academic transfer rate ranks No. 1 among Texas community colleges. For more information, visit www.blinn.edu.