Artist Connect Continues to Make Art Accessible
Information courtesy of The Arts Council of Brazos Valley
The Arts Council is working hard to ensure art reaches everyone through our Artist Connect Program! Artist Connect is a program that began in 2016 which focuses on providing free artistic opportunities for students in under-served rural areas of our region. The program aims to place professional, local artists from a variety of disciplines into the classrooms of Brazos Valley school districts, bringing the opportunities directly to the students and schools at no cost to them. For more information visit https://www.acbv.org/p/programs/ArtistConnect
This year, the program runs through the month of May with a total of seven classes. It will feature:
- Artist Russel Marcontell for Navasota Junior High with a video on the process of printmaking and career options.
- Adreinne Dobson of The Theatre Company of BCS for Jones Elementary with a virtual introduction to theatre and tour of The Theatre Company facility.
- Arienne Boley, a Navasota Artist in Residence, for Brule Elementary will explore the medium of acrylic paint while learning about shapes and color by creating a cactus with their hands.
- Betsi Cate, a dance instructor for Pure Energy BCS, for Southwood Elementary 2nd graders will provide a ballet, jazz, and hip hop movement class.
- Krislyn Koehn, a Bryan Artist in Residence, for Crocket Elementary 4 graders with a virtual charcoal drawing lesson
- Jacob Jimerson, a Navasota Artist in Residence for Bonham Elementary 4th graders with an in-person drawing class using graphite pencils
For questions, comments, or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org