Busy Sports Event Schedule Expected To Attract
About 40,000 Visitors To Town This Summer
Information courtesy of College Station Parks & Recreation
When those outside the Brazos Valley say they’re headed to College Station for the weekend, many assume they have Texas A&M football tickets.
But wait — it’s summertime, and the Aggies won’t take the field for months.
These days, when people say they’re going to the Heart of Aggieland®, it means sports tournaments. The organizers of those events know all about our fantastic facilities and next-level hospitality. And it doesn’t hurt that College Station’s central location is readily accessible for sports teams from Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, and elsewhere.
That means summer is our busiest sports tourism season. The Parks and Recreation Department hosts 10 events from May 20-Aug. 28, including state championships in girls fastpitch softball, boys and girls youth soccer, and 7-on-7 football.
We expect these events to attract about 40,000 visitors to fill our hotels, restaurants, and stores. Sports tourism benefits our entire community.
Here’s a look at what’s ahead:
2022 Summer Sports Schedule
- May 20-22 — Presidents Cup State Finals
- June 3-5 — Prospectwire Impact Gold Summer Warm-Up
- June 4-5 — Texas Youth 7v7 State Championship
- June 9-12 — Texas State Championship
- June 16-19 — Southwest Regional Showcase
- June 23-25 — State 7-on-7 Tournament
- June 25-26 — Texas Elite Tournament of Champions
- July 7-10 — Aggieland Classic
- Aug. 19-21 — Texas Summer Showdown
- Aug. 27-28 — Aggieland Friendship Cup
If you encounter these visitors in our city, please thank them for being here and wish them an enjoyable stay!