Delightful fruity treats to treat yo-self this summer
Two- Ingredient Strawberry Ice-Cream
A delicious gluten, dairy and, sugar free ice cream made with just two ingredients; strawberries and bananas!
- 4 bananas
- 250g / 9 oz strawberries
- Hull the strawberries and chop them in half (or quarters if they are very big). Chop each banana into 5 or 6 pieces.
- Place the fruit in a ziplock bag, squeeze out the air and seal. Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight if possible.
- Remove the fruit from the freezer and transfer it to a food processor. You may have to let it defrost slightly for a few minutes to break the chunks of fruit apart.
- Blitz the fruit until it is smooth, like the consistency of a smoothie. Pour into a loaf tin or other freezer-proof dish, cover with cling film and freeze for an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and serve in a cone or in a cup.
Frozen yogurt bark
Snack time just got exciting with this recipe for energy boosting Frozen Yogurt Bark; greek yogurt sweetened with honey and topped with chocolate chips, strawberries and coconut
- Yogurt Bark:
- 500g / 2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 5 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- Mix the yogurt and honey together until well combined. Add the cranberries and raisins and stir again.
- Line a baking tray with foil and pour the yogurt mixture on top. Spread it depending on how thick or thin you want your bark to be. Mine was approx 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the strawberries, chocolate chips and desiccated coconut on top and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours or until it is completely frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and use a sharp knife to break the bark into pieces. The bark can be stored in the freezer in food bags.
A healthy and thirst quenching drink made with just watermelon and ice
- 500g watermelon
- 15 ice cubes
- 20ml water
- Chop the watermelon into large pieces and put into a blender with the water. Blitz until the melon is broken up and then add the ice cubes and blitz again. You can add more water if you prefer and thinner consistency. Serve immediately